There is currently no vaccine to prevent coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19).
• The best way to prevent illness is to avoid being exposed to this virus. • The virus is thought to spread mainly from person-to-person.
- » Between people who are in close contact with one another (within about 6 feet).
- » Through respiratory droplets produced when an infected person coughs, sneezesor talks.
- » These droplets can land in the mouths or noses of people who are nearby or possibly be inhaled into the lungs.
- » Some recent studies have suggested that COVID-19 may be spread by people who are not showing symptoms.